Sunday, January 16, 2011

MIL Rest In Peace

My friend's MIL passed on a few days ago at hospice. I had taken just River for another visit right before Christmas while she was still at home. She was confined to bed at this point but still delighted to see him, although she could only talk in a whisper. River greeted her with kisses; he seems to know she enjoys them. She requested that he lay on the bed with her, so I told him "up" and got him laying along side of her where she could easily pet his head. We visted briefly; she drifted off occasionally, then woke to apologize and blame it on her medication. She still kept her hand on River. When the hospice nurse arrived, seemed the right time for us to go. I hugged her good bye and promised her a copy of the photos we were planning to take of River and Noche in Santa hats. I'm sorry we didn't get it done in time to show her.

No comments:

Post a Comment